Teacher Professional Development
2018-2019 Professional Development and Learning
for Teachers and Staff
At Aspen Ridge, a rigorous academic and learning environment is our top priority for teachers and staff. Through Personalized Learning Plans (PLPs), teachers at Aspen Ridge will have:
- Monthly opportunities to meet with specialized learning community, (Instructional Leadership, PBIS, Gifted and Talented, Math and Literacy)
- Ongoing learning through school, district, and state opportunities,
- Assigned mentors for teachers with an Initial Colorado Teaching License,
- Annual opportunities to observe other ARPS teachers throughout the school day,
- Curriculum development and training,
- Reflective opportunities for each walkthrough and observation provided by administration, and
- Development of personal and professional goals that align with specific needs and wants.
We believe that learning should be fluid, teachers should be challenged, and creating environments to maximize both of these beliefs is key to success. Smart teachers inspire smart students and at Aspen Ridge our robust opportunities for teacher and staff learning are just one of the ways we stand apart from the rest.